Explore Opportunities with VIKA
The following are currently available positions at VIKA Maryland, LLC. All resumes must be submitted online for consideration. Resumes received via U.S. Post Office, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, or other mail services or by hand delivery may not be considered for submittal of resumes.
Updated June 11, 2018
The following positions are currently available in our Germantown, Maryland office. Once a position has been filled, the posting will be removed from our website.
OFFICE PROJECT SURVEYOR / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – OFFICE PROJECT SURVEYOR / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced Office Project Surveyor to join our staff in the Germantown, Maryland office.
A successful candidate is required to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of boundary, topographic, record plats, legal descriptions and construction surveys. Candidate must have extensive experience with Civil 3D and Carlson software. Candidate must be able to perform in a fast paced environment with quick turnaround times, the ability to problem solve and communicate effectively, and the willingness to learn and take on new tasks. 5 to 7 years of office experience is recommended for this position.
VIKA offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, with a competitive benefits package. Compensation includes salary and bonus package based on experience and capabilities.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Office Project Surveyor in the subject line.
SURVEY CREW CHIEF / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – SURVEY CREW CHIEF / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking a Full-Time Survey Crew Chief with direct working knowledge in all aspects of survey projects, including field data collection with conventional, robotic, and GPS instruments, reconnaissance for horizontal and vertical control or property corner evidence, field stakeout of proposed site features for future construction, set up and monitoring for settlement, detail measurements and recordation for as-builts.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in land surveying with, at least three (3) years as a full-time Crew Chief.
- Working knowledge of mathematics as it relates to surveying (Geometry)
- Able operate, maintain, check and adjust instruments (Levels, Total Stations, Robotics, and GPS)
- Prepare sketches of existing conditions
- Oversee, train and be accountable for survey crew safety, actions and work production
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather and site conditions
- Be available to work an extended schedule, including overtime
- Valid Driver’s License with an excellent driving record
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email email@example.com with Survey Crew Chief in the subject line.
SURVEY INSTRUMENT OPERATOR / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – SURVEY INSTRUMENT OPERATOR / SURVEYING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking a Survey Instrument Operator with a minimum of 3 years of experience in land surveying. This position reports to Survey Party Chief or Survey Field Coordinator. Under direct supervision, assists Survey Party Chief in all aspects of survey projects, including field data collection reconnaissance for horizontal and vertical control or property corner evidence, field stakeout of proposed routes or future construction, and technical support as needed. Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather, along with extended work schedules and likely overtime opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: 1) operate instruments and data collections systems (total stations, levels and other measuring devices) to acquire data for various types of surveys; 2) assist or performs processing of field measurements and related data, equipment maintenance and maintains supplies for crew vehicles; 3) care and working knowledge of total stations, GPS levels and robotic total station. Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email firstname.lastname@example.org with Survey Instrument Operator in the subject line.
MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
Summary: VIKA’s Maryland office is seeking a strategic thinker, with strong writing skills, and attention to detail, who has knowledge of the built environment, to support the Principal in Charge, and Department heads with various marketing projects, graphic design support and general administrative marketing duties. Candidate will also coordinate with marketing coordinators in other VIKA offices.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Assist with special projects including, but not limited to; graphic design support, Eblast distribution, contact database management, formatting RFP/RFQ responses
• Create concepts for and coordinates production of, collateral materials, including marketing flyers and project sheets, while maintaining consistency, quality, and corporate branding
• Assist in research of target markets and clients as directed
• Coordination of marketing functions including management of agencies and related vendors
• Updating and maintaining digital marketing including corporate website
• Develops award submittals, and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed
• Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm information including staff resumes, project descriptions/photos, and other information for marketing purposes.
• Assist in compiling and writing responses to public sector RFP/RFQ
• Oversees photography shoots for projects
• Assist with corporate marketing budget management
• Track marketing department orders and assist with vendor management
• Other duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required for Position: Someone with 3-6 years of marketing experience. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external team members and contacts. Marketing, graphic design or communications related BA or BS degree required. Previous experience within the A/E/C industry is preferred.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Strong proficiency in PowerPoint is a plus)
• Proficient in CRM
• Detail oriented with an eye towards the big picture of office, region, and firm goals
• Has an interest in, and ability to learn about our industry related concepts, and apply that understanding to written marketing materials and proposals
• Must be a proactive, resourceful, self-starter, creative thinker that is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have strong intrapersonal skills
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email email@example.com with Marketing Coordinator in the subject line.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / OFFICE MANAGER / ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
VIKA’s Maryland office is seeking a professional, Executive Assistant/Office Manager to support two company Principals and keep our operations running smoothly.
If you are a polished professional with an outgoing personality, an assertive presence, a demonstrated ability to lead, and can positively represent our organization, this is the role for you!
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Maintenance and gatekeeping of Principals, files, correspondence, and calendar
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel Spreadsheets
• Maryland Office human resources duties
• Managing the day-to-day Maryland Office operations as directed.
Qualifications and Skills Required for Position: 10+ years supporting a senior executive, with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Previous human resource experience, and supervising an administrative staff a plus. Excellent supervisory, organizational, oral and written communications skills, and the ability to maintain and safeguard confidential and sensitive information is critical to this position. The ability to demonstrate initiative on routine tasks with defined policies and an adept multi-tasker, who can supervise an administrative support staff, manage priorities and achieve goals are. Proficiency in MS Word including PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheets required.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email firstname.lastname@example.org with Executive Assistant / Office Manager in the subject line.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us.
We currently offer great benefits that include:
- 401K Plan
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Professional development
VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement.
VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check our Virginia office career page