Explore Opportunities with VIKA
The following are currently available positions at VIKA Maryland, LLC. All resumes must be submitted online for consideration. Resumes received via U.S. Post Office, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, or other mail services or by hand delivery may not be considered for submittal of resumes.
Updated September 14, 2018
The following positions are currently available in our Germantown, Maryland office. Once a position has been filled, the posting will be removed from our website.
MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINSTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
Summary: VIKA’s Maryland office is seeking a strategic thinker, with strong writing skills, and attention to detail, who has knowledge of the built environment, to support the Principal in Charge, and Department heads with various marketing projects, graphic design support and general administrative marketing duties. Candidate will also coordinate with marketing coordinators in other VIKA offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with special projects including, but not limited to; graphic design support, Eblast distribution, contact database management, formatting RFP/RFQ responses
• Create concepts for and coordinates production of, collateral materials, including marketing flyers and project sheets, while maintaining consistency, quality, and corporate branding
• Assist in research of target markets and clients as directed
• Coordination of marketing functions including management of agencies and related vendors
• Updating and maintaining digital marketing including corporate website
• Develops award submittals, and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed
• Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm information including staff resumes, project descriptions/photos, and other information for marketing purposes
• Assist in compiling and writing responses to public sector RFP/RFQ
• Oversees photography shoots for projects
• Assist with corporate marketing budget management
• Track marketing department orders and assist with vendor management
• Other duties, as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required for Position: Someone with 5-8 years of marketing experience. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external team members and contacts. Marketing, graphic design or communications related BA or BS degree along with previous experience within the A/E/C industry is required.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Strong proficiency in PowerPoint is a plus)
• Proficient in CRM
• Detail oriented with an eye towards the big picture of office, region, and firm goals
• Has an interest in, and ability to learn about our industry related concepts, and apply that understanding to written marketing materials and proposals
• Must be a proactive, resourceful, self-starter, creative thinker that is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email email@example.com with Marketing Coordinator in the subject line.
PLANNER OR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – PLANNER OR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an entry-level Land Planner or Landscape Architect with 1-3 years of experience to join our staff in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a degree in planning or landscape architecture with a focus on urban design, entitlement, and mixed-use environments.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, TOD, and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, we are building our design portfolio with a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles. Thus, a desire to create environments that people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, and coordinate with other disciplines within, and outside of the organization.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture
- Education and Exposure to urban design and mixed-use environments.
- Familiarity with regulatory codes and entitlement processes.
- Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and SketchUp is required.
- Basic understanding of plant material, grading and drainage, and construction materials.
- Hand graphics skills are a plus.
- Licensure is not necessary, but an anticipated part of your career development.
- To be considered for this position we may request work examples and references.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Planner/LA Architect” in the subject line.
DESIGN ENGINEER / ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – DESIGN ENGINEER/ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is a fast-paced, dynamic land development firm that inspires our staff to make their own decisions while fostering a work environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. As identified in our corporate core values, we recognize that one of our greatest assets is our staff; therefore, VIKA invests in the professional development of our staff and continually mentors them through educational opportunities and diverse on-the-job experience. As a result, we often fill a majority of management and leadership roles internally from our existing staff; however, we also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of VIKA. We are seeking more people like us … individuals who value teamwork, quality, integrity, sustainable design, and knowledge and want to excel.
We are currently looking for a Design Engineer for our Engineering Department. Successful candidates must have a BS/BA degree with 0-3 years of experience in civil engineering. It is preferred that a candidate be a Licensed Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or working towards obtaining EIT status in next 12 months.
Responsibilities include: 1) ability to work on specific tasks; 2) ability to design and prepare engineering documents for specific design components of a project, sediment erosion control, storm drain design and computations, water and sewer design, grade establishment plans, and maintenance of traffic plans; and, 3) ability to coordinate efforts with client, agencies, and VIKA’s Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Surveying, and Planning Staff, as well as other consultants.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com with “Design Engineer – Engineering” in the subject line.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us.
We currently offer great benefits that include:
- 401K Plan
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Professional development
VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement.
VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check our Virginia office career page