Tips & Ideas
VIKA values its relationships with its clients and partners and other member of the public and is committed to the protection of that personal information. As of October 1, 2015, we intend to meet our obligations under private sector privacy laws.
Various state and federal laws in the United States regulate the collection, use and disclosure by VIKA of personal information used for any commercial activity.
In order to comply with these laws, we will:
- Obtain consent for gathering, using, and disclosing personal information, except when inappropriate (example: in an emergency or when consent would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information). We will obtain your consent in a form appropriate to the sensitivity of the information and allow you to modify or withdraw your consent
- Gathering personal information only for reasonable purposes and only as much as is reasonable for those purposes. Except when inappropriate, we will obtain personal information directly from you and inform you of how we will use and disclose the information
- Use and disclose personal information only for the purposes for which it was gathered, unless you consent to a new use or the privacy laws permit use or disclosure without approval
- Upon request, disclose and provide you with information about the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and provide access to that data, if reasonable. On request, we will correct information that is inaccurate within a reasonable time period
- Confirm that any personal information is as accurate as necessary for the purpose of gathering; ensure that personal information is secure; and retain that information only as long as reasonable for business and permissible reasons
- Designate individuals who will make sure that VIKA complies with privacy laws and produce information about our management of that personal information available on request
Purposes for Collection, Use, and Disclosure
When we gather personal data from our clients and other members of the public, it will be used and disclosed for the following purposes to:
- establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you
- understand your service and/or project needs
- develop, enhance, market or provide news, products and services to you
- manage and develop our business and operations
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
When voluntarily providing your personal information to us, and we only use or disclose it for the above purposes, you are giving us your implied permission. Prior to using or disclosing your personal information for a purpose other than those above, VIKA will first seek your express permission.
Should you object to our company’s use or disclosure of your personal information for the above purposes, please contact a Principal of VIKA.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, by giving us reasonable notice.
If you have questions about the gathering, use or disclosure of your personal information, you may contact a VIKA Principal.
Protection of Personal Information
VIKA will use reasonable security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss, modification or destruction. VIKA employees will continue to follow VIKA’s long-standing Confidentiality policy as well as other security policies and procedures.
Access and Correction Requests
Anyone can request access to their own personal information and can also request correction of an error or gap within their personal data. In responding to an access request, we may have to sever some personal information in accordance with the exception provisions in the legislation. Requests for access to or correction of your personal data should be made in writing to VIKA’s Principals.