The Pavilions at Huntington — currently under development — is a 60-acre, multi-phased mixed-use project surrounding the Huntington Metro Station in Virginia. This transit-oriented development encompasses the following:
- 50-townhome units (completed)
- 420 low-rise multi-family residential apartment units (completed)
- A high-rise residential and office building (to be built in future phases)
In addition, the developer has dedicated 12 acres for a Fairfax County park, which has already been completed.
VIKA provided surveying, planning, and civil engineering services for this planned residential mixed-use (PRM) that, when completed, will consist of 180 multi-family units, 250,000 SF of office space, and 25,000 SF of retail in three buildings and related proffered infrastructure.
VIKA’s services include the following:
- Feasibility Study
- Initial Overall Land Plan Coordination
- Updated ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey and Plats
- Tree Survey
- Offsite Storm Drain Study
- Preparation of Conceptual Development Plan/Final Development Plan (CDP/FDP)
- Preliminary Erosion Control Plan
- Preliminary Stormwater Management Plan
- Earthwork Analysis
- Advanced Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit (WMATA) Coordination
- Architectural/MEP coordination
- Utility and Wetland coordination
- Construction stake-out
- Full final site engineering design and as-builts
VIKA was awarded Fairfax County’s 2009 Land Conservation Award, Multi-Family Residential category for our work on The Pavilions at Huntington Metro.
The Land Conservation Award honors developers, designers, superintendents, and contractors whose projects best demonstrate excellence in erosion and sediment control, site design and implementation, and/or commitment to tree preservation and replacement in Fairfax County.