Explore Opportunities with VIKA
The following are currently available positions at VIKA Maryland, LLC. All resumes must be submitted online for consideration. Resumes received via U.S. Post Office, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, or other mail services or by hand delivery may not be considered for submittal of resumes.
Updated February 5, 2019
The following positions are currently available in our Germantown, Maryland office. Once a position has been filled, the posting will be removed from our website.
MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINSTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – MARKETING COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
Summary: VIKA’s Maryland office is seeking a strategic thinker, with strong writing skills, and attention to detail, who has knowledge of the built environment, to support the Principal in Charge, and Department heads with various marketing projects, graphic design support and general administrative marketing duties. Candidate will also coordinate with marketing coordinators in other VIKA offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with special projects including, but not limited to; graphic design support, Eblast distribution, contact database management, formatting RFP/RFQ responses
• Create concepts for and coordinates production of, collateral materials, including marketing flyers and project sheets, while maintaining consistency, quality, and corporate branding
• Assist in research of target markets and clients as directed
• Coordination of marketing functions including management of agencies and related vendors
• Updating and maintaining digital marketing including corporate website
• Develops award submittals, and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed
• Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm information including staff resumes, project descriptions/photos, and other information for marketing purposes
• Assist in compiling and writing responses to public sector RFP/RFQ
• Oversees photography shoots for projects
• Assist with corporate marketing budget management
• Track marketing department orders and assist with vendor management
• Other duties, as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required for Position: Someone with 5-8 years of marketing experience. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external team members and contacts. Marketing, graphic design or communications related BA or BS degree along with previous experience within the A/E/C industry is required.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Strong proficiency in PowerPoint is a plus)
• Proficient in CRM
• Detail oriented with an eye towards the big picture of office, region, and firm goals
• Has an interest in, and ability to learn about our industry related concepts, and apply that understanding to written marketing materials and proposals
• Must be a proactive, resourceful, self-starter, creative thinker that is able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via-email firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Coordinator in the subject line.
PLANNER OR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT / PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – PLANNER OR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an entry-level Land Planner or Landscape Architect with 1-3 years of experience to join our staff in the Germantown, Maryland office. The successful candidate should have a degree in planning or landscape architecture with a focus on urban design, entitlement, and mixed-use environments.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, TOD, and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, we are building our design portfolio with a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles. Thus, a desire to create environments that people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, and coordinate with other disciplines within, and outside of the organization.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Landscape Architecture
- Education and Exposure to urban design and mixed-use environments.
- Familiarity with regulatory codes and entitlement processes.
- Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and SketchUp is required.
- Basic understanding of plant material, grading and drainage, and construction materials.
- Hand graphics skills are a plus.
- Licensure is not necessary, but an anticipated part of your career development.
- To be considered for this position we may request work examples and references.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with “Planner/LA Architect” in the subject line.
SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/PROJECT MANAGER / PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA MARYLAND, LLC – SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT/PROJECT MANAGER/PLANNING DEPARTMENT
VIKA Maryland, LLC is seeking an experienced Landscape Architect (RLA) to join our staff. The successful candidate will have a strong background in urban design and entitlement, as well as an ability to integrate landscape, civil, architectural, utility, and other aspects of site development into a coordinated site development design. We are assuming this will entail a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the production of a wide range of documents including: Concept Plans, Schematic Development Plans, Design Development Plans and Construction Documents in urban design, sustainable planning and design, hardscape design, planting design, layout, fine-grading and detailing. Experience creating Subdivision Plans, Entitlement Site Plans, Natural Resource inventories, and Forest Conservation Plans is also desirable.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in Maryland, focusing on Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, and we expect the successful candidate to have experience in those jurisdictions. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants into a well-conceived design and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, TOD, and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, our design portfolio includes a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles; a desire to create environments people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and must have a fundamental understanding of computer programs standard within the industry including AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch-up, Excel, and Illustrator. We also expect the qualified candidate to be skilled at designing and coordinating plan preparation and approval on tight deadlines with numerous team members and agencies; these tasks will need to be done in parallel with the basic project management requirements of scheduling, budgeting, billing, and client service. It is assumed that a Project Manager will need some oversight by senior management, but that they will be able to run most day-to-day tasks.
In sum, we are looking specifically for a manager who can manage and keep a team on schedule and within budget while providing excellent quality and service. To encourage the right applicant, VIKA offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, with a competitive benefits package; compensation includes salary and bonus package based on experience and capabilities.
For consideration please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Landscape Architect/Project Manager” in the subject line.
We currently offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us.
We currently offer great benefits that include:
- 401K Plan
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Professional development
VIKA Maryland, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement.
VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check our Virginia office career page