Avalon Falls Church is a multi-family residential community occupying nearly 20 acres on Cherry Street, close to Arlington Boulevard (Route 50). This community is a redevelopment of Hillwood Square, a World War II era development dedicated (Memorial Day 1942) as war-time townhouse and duplex housing for workers at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria.
Avalon Falls Church is a transformed multi-family community of 18 three-story buildings for a total of 384 units. With internal streets, squares, and outdoor amenities, this community has a traditional neighborhood atmosphere and features a 12,000-SF clubhouse with numerous conveniences including:
- Fitness center
- Large swimming pool with outdoor spaces and play area
- Game area
- Media lounge
- Bike shop
- Dog spa
- Dog park.
VIKA received the 2016 Fairfax County Land Conservation Award for Tree Planting for the Avalon Fall Church project. The award is voted on by the Fairfax County Tree Commission and recognizes outstanding landscape planning and implementation.
VIKA provided surveying, civil engineering, and arboricultural services including:
- Pre-Construction ALTA/NSPS Land Title Survey Update
- Topographic Survey
- Schematic Development Phase and Preliminary Engineering Report
- Tree Survey
- Design Development Plan
- Existing Urban Constraints Analysis
- Final Site Plan
- Site Storm Drainage Study and Adequate Outfall Analysis
- Erosion Control Plan
- Stormwater Management Plan
- Tree Conservation/Preservation Plan and Earthwork Analysis
- Low Impact Development/LEED coordination
- VDOT Permit Coordination
- Construction administration
- Bond reduction/update
- Subsurface Utility Engineering Investigation and Mapping
- Infiltration Testing and Report
- Grading Plan and Dam Breach Analysis
- Fairfax County Site and Sanitary Sewer As-Built Surveys
- VSMP Renewal Application
- Construction stake-out and final as-builts.
Avalon Falls Church was also awarded Best Washington/Baltimore Low-rise Apartment Community at the 2015 Delta Associates 19th annual Awards for Excellence conference.