VIKA is providing surveying, planning, and civil engineering services for the redevelopment of the existing Chevy Chase Lake Apartments into a mixed-use, transit-oriented community of townhomes and HOC multi-family rentals . This project is located just south of the Purple Line and Capital Crescent Trail. Our staff worked closely with the County and MNCPPC staff to minimize impacts to Coquelin Run through stormwater controls, streambank stabilization, and reforestation to allow this denser infill housing development to move forward. Development will include:
- Townhomes w/elevators, rooftop terraces, and two-car garages — 62
- Multi-Family Building — 200 units / 112-foot-tall
- Public Open Space — 1/2–acre park
- Adjacent to the new Purple Line Station
- New north/south road ultimately linking Chevy Chase Lake Drive and Manor Road
Specific services provided: feasibility study, Sketch Plan, Preliminary Plan, Site Plan, final engineering, construction administration and numerous other services for both the private Developer and the Housing Opportunities Commission.