VIKA provided surveying, civil engineering, and Geographic Information System (GIS) services for the Mid-Atlantic Navy PPV Base Renovation and Development project, which renovated and developed new base housing, community centers and related infrastructure at military installations in Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
VIKA provided services to the developer and the U.S. Navy on all aspects of the project, from initial planning through final post construction services. Services included utility and infrastructure location and designation and site, infrastructure, and utility design. Our services also included tasks related to project design, project procurement, project construction, and post-construction services. Our knowledge and experience enabled us to understand critical technical, operational and management issues, as well as to anticipate and meet project development-related challenges and to provide solutions that were practical, cost-effective and in line with the ultimate goals and objectives of the Developer and the U.S. Navy.
VIKA was assigned more than 15 development, redevelopment and renovation projects under this contract, including the following:
- Naval Air Station – Patuxent River
- Naval Support Facility – Indian Head
- Naval Support Activity – Mechanicsburg
- National Security Group Activity – Sugar Grove
- Naval Support Facility – Washington
- Naval Surface Warfare Center – Dahlgren
- Washington Navy Yard, Naval Support Activity – Bethesda
- Naval Support Activity – Annapolis
- United States Academy – Annapolis
- Washington Navy Yard and Joint Base Anacostia – Bolling.