VIKA provided civil engineering and surveying services for the infrastructure for Fairfax County’s West Ox Road Complex, McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center (PSTOC) and WMATA Bus Maintenance Facility, located on approximately 130 acres in the Springfield District of Fairfax County.
The Complex is being built in phases through 2025, with capability for future expansion. It has transformed the former “Camp 30” state correctional facility into a 130-acre multi-purpose, multi-agency complex: the Fairfax County McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center. This project features:
- The Fairfax County Department of Public Safety Communications (9-1-1 Communications Center)
- The Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management
- The Fairfax County Emergency Operations Center
- Virginia State Police Division 7 dispatchers and call talkers
- WMATA Bus Maintenance Facility
- VDOT Operations Center.
VIKA and its Team Members were awarded the Fairfax County Department of Public Works & Environmental Services Capital Facilities Award for Excellence for the infrastructure and bus operations at the McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center at West Ox Road. This project also won the 2009 NAIOP Northern Virginia Award of Excellence, Best Building, Institutional Facility Over $20 Million.