VIKA Capitol, LLC is a leading Civil Engineering, Planning, Survey, and Landscape Architecture firm in Washington, DC. We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Project Manager to join our DC team. The successful candidate will manage a variety of projects involving all aspects of civil engineering for private- and public-sector clients. If you are enthusiastic and driven to succeed, enjoy a challenge, would like to work on a team of talented professionals, and want to have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in Civil Engineering, then look no further.
The successful candidate will have the following technical and practical abilities to effectively thrive in this position:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Civil Engineering design
- Expertise with District of Columbia's codes preferred
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices, and performance standards
- Solid fine-grading and drainage design expertise
- Proficiency with design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Project management and supervision experience with proven decision-making and leadership abilities
- Ability to work within tight deadlines through efficient time management and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position will require carrying out the following assignments and roles within an interdisciplinary environment:
- Manage all project and administrative tasks from standard to complex design tasks through multiple phases
- Supervise, coordinate, and review the preparation of engineering documents for specific components of a project including storm water management design, sediment erosion control, storm drain design and computations, DC Water, water and sewer design, grade establishment plans, maintenance of traffic plans, and right-of-way improvement plans
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications
- Mentor Design Engineers, Project Engineers, Assistant Project Managers, and Senior Project Engineers Interact with clients to understand their requirements and represent them with agencies
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel performance) and report regularly on project status
- Create proposals, manage contracts, and draft invoices
- Work Independently on all assignments to generate expected results
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with clients, consultants, agency staff, and the VIKA team to provide guidance and technical support
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement, and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us.
VIKA Capitol, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail with the title of the position as the subject line to Kyle Oliver– DCemployment@vikacapitol.