VIKA Maryland, LLC is a leading Civil Engineering, Planning, Survey, and Landscape Architecture firm in the DC metro area. We are currently seeking an experienced Dry Utility Project Manager to join our Germantown, Maryland team. The successful candidate will manage a variety of projects involving all aspects of civil engineering for private- and public-sector clients. If you are enthusiastic and driven to succeed, enjoy a challenge, would like to work on a team of talented professionals, and want to have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in Civil Engineering, then look no further.
The successful candidate will have the following technical and practical abilities to effectively thrive in this position:
- AS degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in dry utility design
- Project management experience, including application and plan oversight, and permit procurement
- Specific knowledge of MSHA, County, and City right-of-way requirements; WSSC clearance requirements; and other utility easement requirements
- Knowledge of PEPCO, SMECO, Washington Gas, Verizon, and Comcast regulations and approval processes
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure construction best practices related to dry utility installation and relocations
- Broad knowledge and experience with local regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and engineering principles
- Strong team-oriented and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position will require carrying out the following assignments and roles within an interdisciplinary environment:
- Manage all aspects of Dry Utility plan preparation and permit procurement including preparing specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, cost estimates, and budgets associated with the planning, design, permitting, and construction of dry utility systems primarily within Montgomery and Prince George’s counties and local Cities
- Oversee the permit process with local utilities and provide consultations and recommendations regarding dry utility systems, processes, equipment, facilities, and construction methods to the developer.
- Coordinate with VIKA staff, clients, municipalities, and consultants to integrate dry utility layout with civil, landscape architecture, and architectural designs
Vika is proud to offer a broad range of benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Potential 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous PTO including holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Potential Bi-Annual Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Support
- Advancement Opportunities
- Team-oriented Office Environment
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to Human Resources at email@example.com with Dry Utility Project Manager in the subject line.
VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.