The successful candidate will be detailed oriented and passionate about advancing their career while growing VIKA’s Transportation Services. This role will be under the leadership of a highly skilled team with a diverse project experience and aptitudes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, or Transportation Planning
- 0-4 years of experience in Traffic Engineering and/or Transportation Planning
- Experience using traffic analysis software: Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA, and VISSIM
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoTurn, and ArcGIS
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.)/Engineer in Training (E.I.T.) pursuing Professional Engineering license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and solution oriented
The position is mainly responsible for gathering, analyzing, and reporting of traffic data; performing parking studies; analyzing intersection capacity; creating multimodal evaluations; reviewing roadway geometrics and signal timing; preparing technical reports; and attending job site and client meetings.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement, and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us. VIKA Virginia, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position as the subject line.