VIKA Capitol, LLC is seeking an experienced Land Planner or Landscape Architect to join our staff in DC office. The successful candidate should have a degree in planning or landscape architecture with a portfolio documenting a range of planning, design, and construction detailing experience.
Our office provides planning, design, and engineering services to developers and municipalities in the District of Columbia. We strive to integrate the expertise of our various professions and other consultants and expect a well-rounded understanding of how the built environment is constructed. Most of our work is infill, transit-oriented development (TOD), and urban redevelopment. While our foundation is in entitlement work, we are building our design portfolio with a focus on placemaking, smart growth, and sustainable design principles; a desire to create environments that people take ownership of and pride in is essential. To help us continue this growth, the successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects, and coordinate with other disciplines within, and outside of the organization.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning or Landscape Architecture
• 3-5 Years of Experience
• Experience in entitlement work.
• Experience in plan production.
• Software proficiency: AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, and SketchUp is required. Civil 3D is preferred.
• Sound understanding of plant material, grading and drainage, and construction materials.
• Arborist experience, Licensure is a plus.
• Licensure is not necessary, but an anticipated part of your career development.
• To be considered for this position we need to see your work examples.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, 401k plan, generous tuition reimbursement, and a professional development program. Our recruitment program brings new leaders into the company, while our professional development commitment encourages them to grow with us.
VIKA Capitol, LLC provides a team-oriented environment, where staff members benefit from a comprehensive learning environment and many opportunities for advancement. VIKA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail with the title of the position as the subject line to Brian Ruhl– DCemployment@vikacapitol.com.